New from Fairview Heights, IL

Turkenstein25pizapw1420385197.jpg

I'm from Fairview too! Did we ever find if they are allowed? I want to get some soooo bad. But I cannot find legislation on them

I haven't been on here in forever. So sorry about that. I see that I commented here over 3 years ago before we had our chickens. When we got them I read the local statutes and chickens were allowed. I don't recall there being only a small number allowed but now folks are telling me when they called the city they were told no more than 5 (I think 5 was the number.) So I got online to research and see if the laws have changed and I can't find the local statutes that I read 3 or 4 years ago that actually specifically allowed chickens but I also don't see the one that says only 5 or whatever. As a matter of fact, I don't see any statute about chickens listed at all. What gives?

I hope someone reads this post. I haven't been on here in forever, either. I've had chickens for several years, with NO problems. All of a sudden, I get a notice from CASEYVILLE (my house borders c-ville, but my address is FAIRVIEW), that my chickens are "prohibited animals" and I must get rid of them. I'm also trying to find the ordinance for FAIRVIEW that allows us to have chickens. Any one have any luck with this? After this is resolved, I'm DEFINITELY interested in starting a club in f-view, as I don't want anyone else to go through this.

I hope someone reads this post. I haven't been on here in forever, either. I've had chickens for several years, with NO problems. All of a sudden, I get a notice from CASEYVILLE (my house borders c-ville, but my address is FAIRVIEW), that my chickens are "prohibited animals" and I must get rid of them. I'm also trying to find the ordinance for FAIRVIEW that allows us to have chickens. Any one have any luck with this? After this is resolved, I'm DEFINITELY interested in starting a club in f-view, as I don't want anyone else to go through this.

Hello again, favoredwun, and
welcome-byc.gif
! I don't have much advice other than to post in the following threads in you haven't: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/37/local-chicken-laws-ordinances-and-how-to-change-them
and the IL thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Hope you can get the ordinance changed!

Favoredwun - Have you found out anything about having chickens in Fairview Heights? I am also near caseyville on the far side of town within Fairview heights and I have chickens and would be interested to find out what the actual laws and regulations are. I have 7 acres with good wood coverage and my neighbors arent relatively close.

Back
Top Bottom