New From Jersey... Yes chickens in New Jersey :-)

I have 25 Corhnish X Rocks brooding now 16 days old.. and 7 More Pullets 3 more Americanas, 3 Pearl White Leghorns and My surprise rare Chick is a Buff Lace Polish.. hoping for Hen.. another (though not a good layer, White Egg) also 6 more ducks.. Loving them Duck eggs... three Pekin and three Cayuga.. I have recenetly Lost most of My Ducks to predation.. Thinking Turkey Vultures... I have one Pekin Layer Still

welcome-byc.gif
I can just imagine them bok boking and quacking with jersey accents

Last edited:
I have 25 Corhnish X Rocks brooding now 16 days old.. and 7 More Pullets 3 more Americanas, 3 Pearl White Leghorns and My surprise rare Chick is a Buff Lace Polish.. hoping for Hen.. another (though not a good layer, White Egg) also 6 more ducks.. Loving them Duck eggs... three Pekin and three Cayuga.. I have recenetly Lost most of My Ducks to predation.. Thinking Turkey Vultures... I have one Pekin Layer Still

Watch the hawks.They've been lurking quite a bit around town now.There's a few falcons as well but only seen one of them this years so far.If I had to guess it's definitely imo the hawks killing your flock.Turkey vultures are more likely to eat dead animals,road kill etc.They are lazy birds who will eat anything dead and wont normally go out of their way for fresh kills.

Back
Top Bottom