New From Maine

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RitaN, Jul 28, 2016.

1. RitaN

RitaN New Egg

Jul 28, 2016
    Maine
    I just got some chickens .. and well I have been around them as a youngster( my grandma had about 50) and did a bit of reading (mostly here ) and think my farmer had a slight issue with choosing the right sex [​IMG] |
    I am not new to forums and manage(moderate) one of my as well , so I kinda get the idea ... but all layouts are different so I will hopefully not fowl up yours [​IMG]

Anyhow .. I am Rita I have 6 chickens .. one black australorp (grim peeper) , easter egger (Cluck Norris ) , white leghorn (Honkey) , speckled sussex (Limey),barred rock(Speck) and a red sex link (Ginger) ... suspecting the Sussex and the black australorp are indeed roos I will post pictures in the appropriate thread

Anyhow we just bought a house last year in Maine we have 5 acres and all my chickens are out till they go home .. we are in the middle of building a new coop and I will also post those pictures at some point .. Had a few issues with fox and are trying to fix a bit of that with the new coop .. anyhow thanks in advance for your help and ideas [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Rita, welcome to BYC, and congratulations on your new home.

3. RitaN

RitaN New Egg

Jul 28, 2016
    Maine
    Thanks!! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Rita, glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, RitaN, and :welcome. Great to have you in our poultry community. Best of luck to you. :weee

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by