New from Maryland

thestix

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014
Hi, joined last night after coming to this site for a year. I live on the Delmarva Peninsula, Perdue chicken country around here. I have 6 hens, 2 buffs, named pink legs and blue legs. 2 blk sexlinks, squeaky and black hen, she's a big girl, and 2. SL Wyandottes, Frosty and Miss Wyandotte. They actually know their names. Eggcellent has helped me a lot with my worm problem, thanks again. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and this is a great site!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

This IS the place to be for all the fun and learning!! So glad you have found help here on BYC. So many knowledgeable members here to help you.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Yes, chickens can learn their names! I have a few that not only know their name, but come when called. Such sweety pies.

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

It sounds like you have a beautiful flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I love your chickens' names. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) names our hens after Disney princesses. I've raised Black Sex Links for years, and they are great hens; hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. They have consistently been my best layers, frequently churning out over 300 eggs per year per hen. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom