New from Massachusetts

JuneZiva

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 11, 2013
Middlesex County, Massachusetts
I'm a mom of two, grandmother of one, live with two young Golden Retrievers, and in July of this year started raising chickens. Started with six, two Barred Rocks, two Ameraucanas, and two Gold Laced Wyandottes. Two weeks later, some neighbor children were invited to each get a chicken of their own to join mine. Their dad was building the coop, and the family had prior experience raising chickens. Dad suggested the three kids each have two, and he would build a larger coop and run and help with expenses and care. OK! That was two weeks later.They purchased two New Hampshire Reds, two Ameraucanas, one Buff Orpington, and one Australorp. Until recently they were all getting along very well. We think one of the Reds is a roo. Some pecking going on with the older ones....hope to learn as much as possible on this forum about keeping the peace and raising healthy and happy birds!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome Glad you joined us! We love the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox!!!! My husband grew up in Massachusetts.

We are eggcited to have you here!!!!

Caroline

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! There are some great articles on chicken keeping and flock management in the
Learning Center. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom