New from Nebraska

Kennicuttfarms

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Overton
Hi all,

I am new to BYC and chicken parenting. My family and I jumped head first into chickens this spring. We started with 13 pullets we picked up from Orschlen's, 5 buff orpingtons, 5 rhode island reds, 3 salmon faverolles. Then I bought a buff orpington rooster (Daddy) at an auction. Then I ordered 50 chicks from McMurray's Hatchery. I am feeling a little over whelmed as I also have three boys, a husband, a dog, a cat, a chinchilla, a horse, pheasants, ducks, and quail. BUT I just LOVE to watch the chicks. I like to think of them as my (zoloft or prozac)
smile.png
I am a licensed vet tech in Nebraska and live in a small town where I have been a stay at home mom for the last four years.

We also bought an incubator with which we have already hatched some eggs. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I have enjoyed everthing. But I was wondering, if maybe I am just a little crazy?
wink.png
What do you all think?

I am sure I will have lots of questions about chickens. There just isn't an abundance of info in the veterinary medicine world for poultry or fowl, like there is for other animals.

So I just thought I would stop in and say "Hi" and "Thanks" for a wonderful site.

Lisa

Welcome from North Carolina!!
Do we think your crazy??? LOL Naw....But if you were, you sure would be in the right place to be chicken crazy!!!!
lau.gif
Wait until you find out who your asking...we will enable you with the chicken addiction until the cows come home!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom