New from Nebraska

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kennicuttfarms, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Kennicuttfarms

Kennicuttfarms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Overton
    Hi all,

I am new to BYC and chicken parenting. My family and I jumped head first into chickens this spring. We started with 13 pullets we picked up from Orschlen's, 5 buff orpingtons, 5 rhode island reds, 3 salmon faverolles. Then I bought a buff orpington rooster (Daddy) at an auction. Then I ordered 50 chicks from McMurray's Hatchery. I am feeling a little over whelmed as I also have three boys, a husband, a dog, a cat, a chinchilla, a horse, pheasants, ducks, and quail. BUT I just LOVE to watch the chicks. I like to think of them as my (zoloft or prozac) [​IMG] I am a licensed vet tech in Nebraska and live in a small town where I have been a stay at home mom for the last four years.

We also bought an incubator with which we have already hatched some eggs. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I have enjoyed everthing. But I was wondering, if maybe I am just a little crazy? [​IMG] What do you all think?

I am sure I will have lots of questions about chickens. There just isn't an abundance of info in the veterinary medicine world for poultry or fowl, like there is for other animals.

So I just thought I would stop in and say "Hi" and "Thanks" for a wonderful site.

Lisa

2. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    [​IMG] Fellow Nebraskan!! You will be a great addition to the BYC with your background! Great to have you and your chicks! [​IMG]

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

4. Eggzactly

Eggzactly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    welcome to the site

5. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    [​IMG]

Cheri

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

7. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Hello Nice to see you here on BYC and [​IMG] from indiana

8. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Welcome from North Carolina!!
    Do we think your crazy??? LOL Naw....But if you were, you sure would be in the right place to be chicken crazy!!!![​IMG] Wait until you find out who your asking...we will enable you with the chicken addiction until the cows come home!!![​IMG]

9. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Hello Nice to see you here on BYC and [​IMG] from indiana

10. MrsJWells

MrsJWells Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Omaha
    Waving at you from Omaha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by