New from NH

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by candiacrew, Mar 26, 2009.

1. candiacrew

candiacrew New Egg

Mar 26, 2009
    Candia, NH

I'm Miriam. I'm new to chickens (city girl who followed a man to rural NH) but my husband has had chickens on and off since he was a kid.

We don't have any Chickens yet but we plan on ordering some very soon. I'm looking at getting a variety of Orpintons, Australorps, NH Red, Americanas and Wyandottes.

I found out about this website though websearches as I was trying to get information so I don't look like a complete ignorant when my husband talks to me about chicken raising.

I'm a long time rower and hockey player, I'm excited about learning about fixing my new house on 2 acres, and growing my own vegetables. I love cooking and baking.

Our two cats graciously allow my husband, my hedgehog and I to share their house with them. I plan on getting a dog sometime after the chickens are established (so the chickens are the norm not a novelty).

I look forward to the experience of the members of this community and I hope you guys help me look like a smarty pants in conversations with my hubby.
  2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Hi and welcome from North Carolina!!! You will learn lot here!!![​IMG]
  3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Hi Miriam [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hang around here for awhile and you'll know more than your hubby! [​IMG]
  6. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

A hearty welcome from a neighbor in Maine! [​IMG]
  7. twinlights

twinlights Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Hi Miriam, from Westminster, MA!![​IMG]
  8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] There are several members from your area and a few poultry swaps coming up too.
  9. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN
  10. ODS-n-ENS FARM

ODS-n-ENS FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by