New from Northern Indiana

mclandon farm

In the Brooder
May 24, 2015
Northern Indiana
Just a quick introduction, family here... Love our chickens, dreading the rooster
1f414.png
LOL.... Thanks for reading!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Do you have a rooster in your flock? I remember being chased by the rooster while we kids went to collect the eggs as a child. LOL Left lasting memories in my head. Especially being small. Roosters seem huge and can flog a little kid!! LOL

Make yourself at home here and feel free to ask any questions you may have. Welcome to our flock!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! X2 do you have a roo? They can sometimes be mean, I'm just grateful I have 2 that are ok and friendly. Snowy in my avatar is the most friendly one and enjoys lap sitting and strokes. A bit soft really for a roo to be quite honest!

What breed/s do you have? I have all polish and an Amber link hen called Ginny. I hope you enjoy BYC, I am sure you will everyone here to help and very friendly :frow

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Hope the rooster issue isn't something too terrible! They can be annoying things! LOL I've been chased and attacked quite a few times.

Good luck to you! Welcome to this community of friendly chicken lovers
big_smile.png

Yall are so nice!
No no roosters yet, everyone is scared of them so they still haven't been added. But coming to a point now where is time! LOL I didn't realize how many kinds of chickens there are, I just have a dozen mixed super friendly chickens LOL... Well to me anyway... The husband and kids get hid from... LOL ill get back to you on my crew of chickens in what they are...
1f602.png

Welcome to BYC. Alot of folks will not keep roosters anymore, even if the towns allow them. They are usually too stressful on the hens (overbreeding them) and too aggressive to the humans. UNLESS you need fertile eggs to hatch or sell, there is no need to keep one. Hens will continue to lay eggs - just not fertile ones.

Were in the country, so no worries. But... We will need one not for breeding for now but thinking in the future. Going to start the rooster journey in the next couple weeks... After the ducks get settled...
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom