New from NW WA

Leanimal

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Hi there! I'm just starting looking into coop designs, hoping to use my left over cedar planks from my fence. In the spring, I hope to get 6 hens for my backyard. Looking forward to perusing this site!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, cedar fencing makes GREAT wood for coops! We built our coop walls entirely with cedar fence pickets. And if you need more, they are pretty cheap at the lumber yards. And it looks nice and rustic too!

Stop by our coops pages for lots of good ideas on coops...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Good luck with the coop build! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Definitely check out the coops link that TwoCrows has given you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preferences?

I like the colored eggs from the americanas, I'm also thinking a silver laced wyandot and black australorp. Nothing too mean because I have young kids.

@TwoCrows, how did you make your coop weatherproof with cedar pickets. Ours are not perfectly straight and do not line up, there would be gaps. I was thinking plywood walls, some kind of weather fabric, then the planks over that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom