New from Oklahoma

KarenN

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 8, 2011
Beggs, Oklahoma
Hello - brand new Okie member to BYC. I'm in Beggs, OK - that's southwest of Tulsa and northwest of Okmulgee in case you've never heard of it!
big_smile.png

I have recently inherited a flock complete with coop and all, and am now HOOKED. I've already added to / expanded, etc. Currently have a mixed flock of 28 one-year-old hens with two roos. A combo of barred Rocks, RIR, ameraucanas, black star and two turkens. My younger son fell hopelessly in love with the turkens and has asked for more
smile.png

Soooo - I attended Chupps auction last Saturday and filled his wish
wink.png
We now have four 3-mo old Turkens and 6 more Barred Rocks (fast becoming my favorites). Not to mention 15 chicks in a brooder
roll.png

I also got (another) new coop there - I should be set for a while!

Currently looking for more Turken hens, though, and possibly a rooster as well. He thinks he'd like to try raising a flock of pure Turkens, and who am I to say no?
wink.png
Soooo if anyone knows of any around, I could be interested!

Looking forward to getting to know folks on here.

We also have horses, ponies, dogs, cats, geckos, guinea pigs and lots of fun!

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
Howdy! So glad to meet you! This is a GREAT place to hang out with like-minded (and some, not so much, but hey, that's what makes it interesting!) folks who are generous with time & knowledge. It sounds like you're off to a running start! Just a word of caution, though -- always, ALWAYS quarantine new stock from an auction or breeder for at LEAST 3 weeks in case they happen to be carrying a contagious illness -- you don't want to infect your whole flock with any sickness brought in from outside. These nasty sicknesses can range from moderately annoying to lethal and incurable, so if you haven't already, make sure you have an area you can keep new stock away from your existing flock (not sharing ground space, water, coop space, feed pants, or air space!). Hope to see you around the forum!

"I also got (another) new coop there - I should be set for a while!

Currently looking for more Turken hens, though, and possibly a rooster as well. He thinks he'd like to try raising a flock of pure Turkens, and who am I to say no?
wink.png
Soooo if anyone knows of any around, I could be interested!"

lau.gif
chicken math
lau.gif

frow.gif
welcome you are going to fit in just fine
gig.gif

Welcome to BYC! I started with chickens over the summer and the people of BYC have been great. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

Pay attention to biosecurity. Auctions bring together all sorts of things.

Back
Top Bottom