New from SLC Utah

billygoat162

Songster
6 Years
Apr 19, 2016
American Southwest
Hi everyone, I'm new here and got back into raising chickens about a year ago. I've done it twice before when I lived in California, but this is my first time raising chickens in a city and somewhere that gets snow, so it's been a much more involved process with lots of learning opportunities. There have been several issues I've had to work around including noise, mites, frostbite, and broodiness, and I'm really liking the challenge. It's also given me the opportunity to put my engineering skills to some use
big_smile.png

I have 4 hens (3 buff orpingtons and 1 mystery), two welsummer pullets and one RIR pullet. I just worked out an automated door design and now am tackling the broodiness of one of the buff's and deciding which direction to go in...I've never let a hen raise chicks before, but I don't really need more chickens either
roll.png
. I'm glad I discovered this forum and look forward to contributing!

Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre (even you are an experienced hand) https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box as there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom