New from southeast Texas

timmyboyhd

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
Southeast Texas
I live in SETX and have had 2 hen for about 6 months. I have an ameraucana and a barred rock. I just purchased 2 rhoade island reds and 2 silver laced wyandotte.
I know a little about keeping chickens from my parents who have probably around 20 or so. They have had chickens before and i wanted to have some of my own. These chickens are my pets i have no intentions of eating them(just the eggs). Right now i have a manufactured coop and let em out when i can to let em wonder around a while. Later when i get more land i plan on building a bigger coop and having more chickens.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

It sounds like you have a nice flock. Good luck with them!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. You have a nice, mixed flock. The Ameraucanas (actually ours are Easter Eggers as true Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs) are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom