New from Summerfield Florida

Welcome! Do you have chickens or are you thinking of getting some?
Enjoy your time here and thanks for posting. :frow
I have chickens ,also had ducks and roosters but just recently been made aware we can only have 6 hens , so we have had to reduce the size of our flock...sadly as they were my babies .I also got contacted by the county that my chicken pen isnt permitted , so really looking for info on what I need to do to have legal housing for the babies I was able to keep.

Glad to meet you, GClaudio, and welcome to BYC.

I am so sorry about you having to get rid of some of your animals! One thing you can do is call your county government and find out what IS allowed. The other thing is to try to change the local laws. Here is a post from a BYC member about doing that, and another to a website with good details on how to approach government about changing the rules. Best wishes getting the rules changed where you live!

One other thought - somebody must have alerted the authorities to the issue with your birds. You might make a point of talking with your neighbors about your birds, and sharing eggs with them. Making neighbors happier might help as well!

Back
Top Bottom