New from TN

She is really great with my son who has Aspergers. My other Boxer is as well but she wont take as much as Phoenix will. This is my Boxer She is truly a once in a life time dog.

The very first dog I remember as a kid was a boxer and I've been fond of them ever since. They are great dogs
love.gif

She is really great with my son who has Aspergers. My other Boxer is as well but she wont take as much as Phoenix will. This is my Boxer She is truly a once in a life time dog.

The very first dog I remember as a kid was a boxer and I've been fond of them ever since. They are great dogs
love.gif
I've never owned a boxer but I love the look of them and what I've read about them. I would love to have one. :eek:)

Funny that you mentioned that; I was kind of thinking along the same lines. I'm sure at some point we will be picking up a couple of dogs as guards around the farm and boxers (if they are available in the area) just might fit the bill. The only question I have about them is, How well would they handle Montana's winter weather? I know some of the better guard dogs such as Akitas, German Shepherds, Great Pyrenees, etc. are built for very cold weather.

We lived in Iowa when we had ours, they get typical Midwest weather. You might ask members on the MT state thread? Or someone said earlier today there are several dog threads, maybe check one of those. I would think if you had one and it didn't live outside all the time, it would be fine. They do like to be active and are smart, loyal dogs so I would think they'd be good guard dogs.

We lived in Iowa when we had ours, they get typical Midwest weather. You might ask members on the MT state thread? Or someone said earlier today there are several dog threads, maybe check one of those. I would think if you had one and it didn't live outside all the time, it would be fine. They do like to be active and are smart, loyal dogs so I would think they'd be good guard dogs.

Thanks. I'll ask around among some of our Montana members.

My girls are great at guarding. Isis especially she acts really aggressive and she is super protective of me and the house. I do not think she would bite unless someone really pushed her but she gives that impression which is what you want in a guard animal or at least what I wanted. But after I tell her it is alright she settles right down. I have no doubt that she would attack if she felt I was in danger.

Phoenix isnt exactly the same in her temperament but just looking at her is a deterrent for most people.

Isis isnt a super hyper type boxer and has always been pretty laid back most of the time even as a pup but when you want he to be up and going she is more than willing to do it.

We had a Boxer/English Setter mix that looked like a brindle Pit Bull He was the greatest, sweetest dog, but would not have been a good winter watch dog... He liked to sleep under the covers even in the summer & if we'd had anything valuable to steal, he would've wiggled his butt & shown the intruder where to find it.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom