New From Virginia :D

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very nice mixed flock. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds) and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of ours), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hi everyone, sorry to be late on responding. Its been busy around here. So I got my flock on Tuesday. They got a pretty large area that is covered with hex wire that is connected to their coop/run. My flock came from a LARGE mix flock that roamed outside but where in electro netting that had access to their barn. Anyway. I have four hens and only 1 that I can see is giving us one egg every morning that is our Buff Orpington hen. The first day home the Australorp gave one egg (but has not since then). The guy I got them from said all where laying every day. I am giving them Layers Ration pellets 16% protein from our local cooperative (they mix it there). They get fresh clean water twice a day and have access to go out side their coop to a covered 8'L x 4'W x 36"H run area.
Am I doing something wrong or missing something for my other gals to start laying too or do you think its just from the stress of moving to a new area and different setting??

Back
Top Bottom