1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New from Washington state

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Curio, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Curio

Curio New Egg

Jul 3, 2016
    Hi everyone.
    My husband and I have just purchased property, and next year I will finally be able to have chickens. I've wanted chickens for a decade, but we didn't live where we could have them.
    I'm sure I will have many questions, and some of them might sound silly to some of you. I am in the heavy research stage right now, and research always includes questions for those that are actually involved in a process.
    Don't know yet what breed(s) we might want, but DO know that our purpose is to produce eggs. I don't have any desire to produce strictly meat birds.
    We're out in the country, so have a lot of room for a large run, but will not be able to "free range"
    I look forward to chatting with all of you.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! How exciting for you to be planning your new chicken adventures :clap
    Have you check out our learning Center? Lots of super articles there that will help you get ready for when your new birds arrive ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Be sure to ask all the questions you need to and I promise they won't sound silly! Everyone here to help along the way. Enjoy your time here ar BYC and enjoy all the chicken chat :frow

3. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Always feel free to ask any questions you may have! Thanks for joining us!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. I always think a large run is much better and safer for a flock.

6. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life! Premium Member

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    Welcome to BYC, and congratulations on the new property! I don't think any question is silly. You've certainly come to the right place to get them answered. The learning center has great tools to help you find the breeds that will work best for you.

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Good luck with your new venture!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by