New from West Covina, California!

Bree

Hatching
7 Years
May 22, 2012
Hey to all on BYC! I am new to not only BYC, but to having chickens! Currently, I am still in the research phase and want to make sure I can provide a good home for chickens before I take the leap.

The only time I have been around chickens is with people with A LOT of property on which their chickens had plenty of space - and the people had plenty of space between them and the chickens! If anyone is local to the L.A./Orange County area and wouldn't mind letting me stop by for a look at their set up, I would really appreciate it.

I am looking for probably just two chickens that are good layers if you have any suggestions. I have a 2 year old German Shorthair Pointer, so they would need to get along. (Hopefully that is not asking for too much).

Thanks!

Welcome to BYC! We're glad to have you aboard!
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC! I'm sure with the right coop design (and there are plenty of cool ones on this site) you can pull off two hens with no trouble (or even three). Plus with a secure coop the GSP should be no problem (but I'd go for a really secure coop - no one wants a soggy chicken
wink.png
). Good luck with your research!

Back
Top Bottom