New from White Cloud MI

my8kidsmom

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 12, 2010
White Cloud MI
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

This is my 2nd year owning chickens. I wanted them for years and years. Finally hubby brought me some of my very own chicks!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

A lot
smile.png

(3) What breeds do you have?

Icelandic Chickens, Silkies, Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, Isa Browns, Wyandotes, Bard Rocks

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

a search for Icelandic Chickens

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

knitting, sewing, gardening, guitar

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My family and I own The Counting Sheep Farmwww.countingsheepfarm.com where we breed Cormo, Icelandic and Finn Sheep. We also have parrots including a tempermental African Grey
smile.png
. We homeschool and also own two restaurants. Yeah, half the time I am crazy.....

welcome-byc.gif
from across the state near West Branch

Hillbilly Hen on here is in your area near Newaygo. Most are at Chickenstock in Lansing today, so I'm the only Michigander here now. The rest will probably welcome you tomorrow
smile.png

Quote:
I vend at the Lamb and Wool festival in West Branch
smile.png
It's a lovely place
smile.png
I have never heard of chickenstock...I will have to check it out for next year!

Quote:
I vend at the Lamb and Wool festival in West Branch
smile.png
It's a lovely place
smile.png
I have never heard of chickenstock...I will have to check it out for next year!

West Branch does have an awesome fairgrounds, don't they?

I went through White Cloud a few years ago for a job interview in Hesperia. Didn't get the job
sad.png
I was sad because it was such a lovely area, rolling hills, National forest, a decent drive to Grand Rapids or Traverse City, cherries ... all we have here is pickling cukes and sugar beets. And dairy cows but people don't sell those in quart bags on the roadside
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom