New Gamefowl rooster very skittish

Dregamebirds

Hatching
Apr 30, 2024
I just bought this gamefowl rooster radio hatch cross , it's 7months old and it is the second day I've had him and he's very very afraid and skittish of me I can't even be around him because he's start clicking very loudly and pacing around and if I try to approach him he will start running and flying everywhere, I know he's just new to his environment but when should I see some changes and what can help me calm him down? Thank you

I just bought this gamefowl rooster radio hatch cross , it's 7months old and it is the second day I've had him and he's very very afraid and skittish of me I can't even be around him because he's start clicking very loudly and pacing around and if I try to approach him he will start running and flying everywhere, I know he's just new to his environment but when should I see some changes and what can help me calm him down? Thank you
Was he ever handled properly from the beginning?

I would try and leave him alone as much as possible for a week or so then slowly start trying to hand feed him. Each animal is different so he may calm day in a couple days or in a month or maybe not at all. Just take your time and try to gain his trust

Are you able to just say, sit on a crate and "ignore him" but be in his presence? Even if you have feed in your hand ? We had roo young that hated me (good reason I had to unfortunately chase and catch him and his brothers- they were hen raised and feral AF! Lol! ) but he was calm and cooed and my husband and son no biggie, but if I showed up "freak out!" Lol

Good luck!

Do you have any pictures I want to see him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502-201840~2.png
    Screenshot_20240502-201840~2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom