New girl on BYC with Ducks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DancesWithDucks, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Hi all! I am a Duck mama to 28+ (there are eggs about to hatch). I have a husband, 2 young boys ages 8 & 4, a dog, a cat.... & lots of ducks :D
    A little background to share on how we started raising ducks 2 years ago.. we have a large beautiful pond & every year enjoyed the duck & geese visitors so much & wished they could stay.... sooooo, we got our own after researching a while. We started with a Cayuga female, 2 mallard cross breeds males, and 2 muscovies females... and have added a couple & they have hatched their own. We really enjoy our feathered friends so much. We like duck eggs too, they arent rapid producers, but enough for us. We have 2 large duck houses, 1 is for baby ducks and mamas only with an outdoor enclosure too.
    We have had few troubles with them but I have spent a lot of time reading forums on BYC for some issues we have had & thought it was about time I make it official! :D

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, DanceWithDucks, and [​IMG]! Glad you made it official and signed up. Sounds like you know your way around BYC pretty well so I'll just say best wishes and enjoy those ducks! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Oh wow that is a lot of ducks! I'm sure you must enjoy them very much :D Good luck for the future with them and enjoy your time here BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. Amazing how a flock can grow so quickly...

1 person likes this.
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sending good hatching duck vibes your way

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by