New girl.. with a chick in my bathroom!!

CrzyChiknMama303108

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2019
Hey everyone, my name is Sarah Rice and I live in upstate NY.. I've owned chickens for about 2 years now and it has definitely been a learning curve... from keeping my baby safe from predators , to buying the best food to incubating eggs it's been a wonderful fun Journey.. I use this site all the time to answer questions I have so I decided to become a member....I can't wait to introduce you all to my babies soon!! And if you're wondering about the baby chick in the bathroom... it was a lone chick left at a tractor supply in the back in a box that I am trying to save and I really need help because I'm not sure what more i can do.

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

What's going on with the chick?

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<< Click there to go to that thread.

BYC has an APP!

Attachments

• 1569420946746155106328153485602.jpg
    1569420946746155106328153485602.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 13
I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture but the hock is very swollen and hard, and Chancey, the baby chick, has never been able to walk on it properly.. the toes used to be curled but I made a boot for her and that's fixed but the leg constantly shakes when she walks and she won't put pressure on it.. she will eat and drink but I have to help her to make sure she gets enough.. I tried to see if it was the Achilles but honestly it's so hard that nothing can be moved or adjusted if that makes sense

I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture but the hock is very swollen and hard, and Chancey, the baby chick, has never been able to walk on it properly.. the toes used to be curled but I made a boot for her and that's fixed but the leg constantly shakes when she walks and she won't put pressure on it.. she will eat and drink but I have to help her to make sure she gets enough.. I tried to see if it was the Achilles but honestly it's so hard that nothing can be moved or adjusted if that makes sense
Poor thing.
I'm not sure there is anything you can do to fix this.
I am sorry.

Poor thing.
I'm not sure there is anything you can do to fix this.
I am sorry.
It's weird I know I'm new to this but I research a lot because I Love My Chick so much and I can't seem to find anything that's similar to this... I found a lot of things about the Achilles being out of place and lack of nutrients and things like that but I didn't think the situation seemed exactly the same as mine.. she's a sweetheart and I really think she might survive but there's no sure thing in this situation... prayers

Back
Top Bottom