New goose. Now what? (I have no idea what I am doing)

Awesome thanks for the advice! !! :yesss: God bless you, you're a great help. :weee Hopefully someone can tell me what is the breed of the youngest gosling.:idunno

Hi, I did some looking and cannot identify the second gosling. To me, it looks like a blue swedish duck! I am not familiar with goslings though...only ducks.

When you find out...even much later...remember me. I'd like to know now! :) Welcome to the boards!
frow.gif
Congrats on your cuties!

My goose turned out to be a bit of a hassle...I was going to call him a jerk but I'm sure he doesn't mean it. We call him Comandant, or Adolf. I have moved him to a new area all of his own where he will have space to live comfortably. I am now going to keep him there and hopefully he will learn in time to "go to bed" and I am mom (boss). ;) I will find him a companion during the next few weeks while he is in there.

Now, I can tell the ducks to go to bed and they do...again. Peace has returned to our little farm.

My goose turned out to be a bit of a hassle...I was going to call him a jerk but I'm sure he doesn't mean it. We call him Comandant, or Adolf. I have moved him to a new area all of his own where he will have space to live comfortably. I am now going to keep him there and hopefully he will learn in time to "go to bed" and I am mom (boss). ;) I will find him a companion during the next few weeks while he is in there.

Now, I can tell the ducks to go to bed and they do...again. Peace has returned to our little farm.
So sounds like you had a bit of an uprising with Adolf there.

So sounds like you had a bit of an uprising with Adolf there.

Haha Miss Lydia! That is a becoming an understatement. He refuses to be confined and somehow gets over the 4ft fence across the front of his poultry shed. I gave up. He outsmarts me at every turn. I learned geese can jump and fly straight up.

He has fallen in love with the downspout at the corner of the house.

He is a kook, and terribly funny.

Haha Miss Lydia! That is a becoming an understatement. He refuses to be confined and somehow gets over the 4ft fence across the front of his poultry shed. I gave up. He outsmarts me at every turn. I learned geese can jump and fly straight up.

He has fallen in love with the downspout at the corner of the house.

He is a kook, and terribly funny.
What he has his own private shower with the down spout? When I first got our goose she was terrified of our gander and I found out real fast how easy they can scale a wall, she came over the wall to their stall many times till I put some plastic poultry fencing across the top of it. I was worried she'd hurt herself.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom