*New Goslings* Are they Brown Chinas?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I went down south to pick up a 2 Brown Chinese goslings today(they lady 'said' they were purebred but could be BC or toulouse). When we finally got there the babies were awfully dirty, cold and one baby had a burned bill, but i checked them out anyway, they were just so cute & tiny. I vent sexed them and i bought the 3 that looked to be females and left 1 baby behind that was definitely a boy, lol.

So $30 later and after a closer look-over i was a little concerned that they possibly weren't purebred, their feet are black with some orange/yellow and their beaks the same way. their markings are very uniform but they still don't look exactly like the picture i saw on Metzer Farms Website.

They look liek they have knobby heads but they're just still fluffy. they are 3-7 days old. 1 still has it's shell breaker.

Here's some pics of the 3 babies i brought home today, what do you guys think??
DSCN3647.JPG

DSCN3648.JPG

DSCN3649.JPG

DSCN3650.JPG

DSCN3652.JPG

DSCN3653.JPG

DSCN3654.JPG

DSCN3656.JPG

DSCN3657.JPG

I think they are really cute! Don't think they are Chinese because of the shape of their bill. Chinese round up where the knob is going to be. Congratulations, they really look good.

I recently got a trio of "brown and white chinese" ( One brown, two white ) and im no expert by far but from the coloring they could be. My bernanrd has mollted looking feet and his beak is very similar you your babies. Of course I got him when he was 4 weeks old so i could be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off.

I hope you're right GW! they're super stinkin cute and were all snuzzles after we got them home and they ate. the poor babies were so sad looking after we got them, made me wanna slap the person that was selling them and run off with the other ones too! if she was a good person and not a she would have said "take the last one for free" since it was a VERY obvious boy. it looked kinda lethargic too(sleepy eyes). I think she was more worried about money though.

the little one with the burned beak scared me half to death on the way home, it sleeps hard and it sleeps like its dead..i picked its limp head up and it didnt wake up!! i freaked out and it finally sleepily popped its eyes open, lol.

I love 'em already and really hope they're Brown Chinese
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom