New Guinea hen ownerld

Zullo

In the Brooder
Oct 20, 2018
I am definitely new to this whole backyard farm animal life. Thanks to backyard chickens advice I managed to get my guinea fowl and raise them where they return to their coop at night and are healthy. However, they are never far from me. Wherever I am in our yard if they hear my voice they find me. They sit at the front door and peck on the glass for me. Is this common behavior? They are now 5 months old. Thanks everyone.

HalloweenWelcomeMonsterMash.gif

Glad you're here with us!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: I know nothing about Guinea hens but there are members here who definitely do! @Pork Pie gave you a quick link to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do.

I have also noticed my guineas are very curious, when we are outside for any length of time they come over to see what we are doing. If its boaring, they wander off.
Last week one of my neighbors came to pick up 3 dozen eggs and the guineas made it impossible for us to talk after awhile as they saw his pitbull in the cab of his truck and did not like the looks of him.
They are funny birds, i love them!
Welcome to the backyard!

Back
Top Bottom