New guy from central Bama

longrange45

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 8, 2014
Alpine, AL
Hi everyone, I've been browsing BYC for a couple of months now and decided it was about time I join. I'm still wet being the ears but thanks to thanks to y'all I decided to start a small flock about a month ago. I'm really looking forward to being able to bug y'all with my many newbie questions.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of great tips and hints on raising your new birds...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy this new adventure you are on! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

X2 on the learning center link provided by Two Crows.

Glad you joined!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

I'm not 100% sure and the guy I got them from didn't know their breed or age either.
90108d227e901100eccc4a579a08a7ca.jpg
The rooster's comb didn't really show up until about three weeks ago.

We have a lot of guys from Bama, including "Bama Dude," on the' Old Folks Home' he has quite a sense of humor. How old are your birds? Looks like you have 3 pullets, one is getting a red comb but, depending on age, she may be approaching 'point of lay.'

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Your red birds appear to be Production Reds. The black/gold bird could be an Easter Egger or possibly a Black Sex-link. The red bird with the huge comb is probably a cockerel, but the others are pullets.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Your red birds appear to be Production Reds. The black/gold bird could be an Easter Egger or possibly a Black Sex-link. The red bird with the huge comb is probably a cockerel, but the others are pullets.

X2 on that.

Back
Top Bottom