New Guy From SW Washington State

inkfish86

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
Battle Ground, WA
Still kinda trying to find my way around, lots of information here...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

we had chickens when i was a kid, i had the pleasure of feeding/watering them, i didn't enjoy them nearly as much then as i do now. in the middle of april (2010) we decided to raise some chickens for eating and some for laying eggs. we built a chicken house and bought some day old chicks locally. started them in some rubbermade tubs in our spare bathroom and eventually moved them out to the chicken house. we're raising them to have eggs and to put some of our own chickens on the dinner table.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

61 (currently, we will be down to 20 in a couple of weeks, and if all goes well we'll raise one more batch of chicks to put in the freezer before winter)

(3) What breeds do you have?

30 - barred plymouth rocks (one is a rooster)
14 - buff orpingtons (one is a rooster)
03 - australorps
03 - black sexlinks
03 - gold sexlinks
03 - americaunas
02 - gold laced wyandottes
01 - silver laced wyandotte
01 - blue laced red wyandotte
01 - blue wyandotte

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

through "google", i was searching for a low pressure watering system (commercial or DIY) ended up here, then i got distracted and when i was looking at other peoples designs for DIY feeders i ended up here again, thought i better just join and get it over with (lol).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

my name is jim, my girlfriend and i have a dog, a cat, 15 ducks (10 indian runner/swede cross and 5 swede), 5 rabbits (1 californian buck, and 4 rex does), and the 61 chcickens that i mentioned above. we'd like to try our hand at hatching some eggs (both chicken and ducks).

welcome-byc.gif

Missi

welcome-byc.gif
from a neighbor in Renton

Check out the Washingtonians thread in the Where are you forum

Lots of people from Washington here.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom