New Guy here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mccordsk, Aug 11, 2016.

1. mccordsk

mccordsk New Egg

Aug 1, 2016
    Goshen Ohio
    Goodmorning! I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the groups. I'm in goshen Ohio and I am new to keeping backyard chickens. This site has already helped me a lot it the preparations for my chicks arrival and Im glade that everyone here is so willing to share experiences.
    So my chicks arrived yesterday, brooder has been set and ready, my son and I created a game to see who could keep the temperature at the right level the longest, he got really good at determining the adjustment to the lamps to correct any temperature variations.
    I got 6 Rode Island Reds from mypetchicken.com, which was recommended by several people from this site, and i will have to say, if I ever need or want to order chicks again Im going to them, unless I find a good local rasier ;). I have already run into one chick that is pasteing a little, but Im keeping a close eye on her. Again a lot of great advice from this site on how to care for that.
    Anyway, my hopes for doing this is to help teach my kids a little responsibility, learn some of the things my family has taught me from going up on farms, but instead of a gerbils or other smaller animal that we have pets that give back to us...
    Well thanks for reading![​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your chicks.

3. smudgehunter

smudgehunter Just Hatched

Jul 28, 2016
    sevenoaks, england
    Hiya new guy [​IMG] im new as well and this site is amazing isnt it! Everyone is so friendly! I had chickens as a kid as well and they taught me so much. I hope your kids get as much enjoyment from them as i did and still do, not to mention the yummy eggs :) good luck with your chooks. Rachel

1 person likes this.
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to have you join us - Welcome to Backyard chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by