New guy in Pa

zomphoenix

In the Brooder
May 4, 2015
Just getting started in chicken raising got 3 year old ducks 2 hens and a drake. This year I just got a dozen chick's and 3 more ducks. Then lost my mind when I stopped at local tractor supply and got 2 dozen bantems cause they was 10 cents. Worst comes to worst least I got some meat for the freezer this fall.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Chickens are definitely addicting; and very few BYC members are immune to "chicken math." :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you so muc. My wife thinks I'm nuts. After I got the 2 dozen for a steal she told me I can explain to the rest of my family why I got more chick's. I always tell if the don't like the animals they don't have to stop by.

Wow, 10 cents, bet they sold out fast. Bantams are usually so tiny, they don't make much of a meal. But they are cute as the dickens. If you put up photos maybe we could recognize the breeds you got.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. PS you are an adult - you don't owe anyone an explanation. You could even grow them out a bit and turn around and sell them for much more than 10 cents.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us!

Yup, chicken math gets the best of us, and like Michael said, no one is truly immune to it.

X2 on @drumstick diva's advise, you don't get much meat off of a bantam, (though a nice plump bantam rooster does make a good pot of soup), You could try to sell them though, and definitely post some photos.
big_smile.png

Thank you so muc. My wife thinks I'm nuts. After I got the 2 dozen for a steal she told me I can explain to the rest of my family why I got more chick's. I always tell if the don't like the animals they don't have to stop by.
LOL! You're welcome, and good luck with all those chicks. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom