New guy in town

I have not seen any of that.. yet again I sell most of my eggs so could not tell you about worms in eggs but I haven't gotten any complaints.. egg production is right where it should be. She seems a be perfectly fine though. Normal behavior, nothing out of the ordinary. I'm guessing worms because I Googled what I saw and as usual I went to BYC and read it could be worms and then I made the account to figure it out.
And what did you see?

I'm thinking there's a good chance it could also be her crop? This term is new to me until just a little bit ago, but she hasn't been exposed to anything but dry leaves and straw recently. So I don't know where she would have gotten the worms from. My chickens got watermelons and watermelon rings quite often in the summer since I had a big crop of them this past summer.

I couldn't see any worms, I spread her feathers as much as I could and everything looked okay. The sac is about the size of a good handful and a half. Like a softball or around there. It doesn't feel like it's just water. A thicker consistency.

Neither of those sound quite like what it feels like but I already took all my feeders and water cans out of the coop thinking she did gorge herself.. hopefully in the morning it has gone down.

welcome-byc.gif

Good morning, the sac has seen to gone down just a little but and I did notice a little bit of blood on her beak this morning.

Back
Top Bottom