New Guy with New Chicks!

That is a GREAT coop and some very cute chicks! Welcome. We have had our ladies since August 2010 and planning on more for this spring...it truly is addictive! There is a huge amount of info on this site, you have come to the right place:)

welcome-byc.gif
from Albany, NY...

Wonderful set up and great pics.

It took me a while to figure it out, but if you go to your "profile" you can set your location. It's nice to know where everyone is from ... also helps when you are asking for any advice you might need. What is true in southern CA might not work in Upper MI...you know what I mean?

The waterers and feeders will be moved shortly. Didn't expect the chicks o test the roost this early in life! I hung them there temporarily and have only seen the girls on the roost the one time. Might have been a fluke. I had hoped I'd have another couple of weeks to add some sturdy arms to the roosts mounting posts to hang the feeders and waterers from away from the roosts themselves. I guess next weekend will involve a little more construction. Thanks for the input. I still have to build the ladders for the nest boxes, line the nest boxes and place a strip of wood on the fronts to hold the nesting material and eggs in. I placed the wood panels on top of the nest boxes to keep them from roosting on top of them. I hope that works. I'll probably start getting my posts sunk to frame up the chicken run next weekend too. The bank account is the only limit for the chicken run! Lot's left to do! Anymore ideas are more than welcomed, so please keep them coming and thank you!

Finally got a pic of a chick up on the roost. I'm wondering if these chicks were older than what the farm supply store told me? 2 weeks old and making it up onto the 18" roost.
84010_screenhunter_03_mar_27_1332.jpg

Hey man! You live in a great part of the world. Hot summers and short winters. Do you ever get down to the reservoir to fish? One of my best ever fishing trips was to Toledo Bend.

Back
Top Bottom