1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New guy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bmwubben, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Bmwubben

Bmwubben New Egg

Apr 4, 2016
    Des Moines, Iowa
    New to this forum, just wanted to post an introduction. My name is Brett, I live in Des Moines, Iowa, married, 32, with 5 kids. I've got a flock of about 25 chickens. Mostly wellsummers, americaunas, and blue and black marans. Until just recently I didn't know the were so many people out there who has a chicken hobby like I do. Pretty cool site, I'm glad I heard about it.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Brett, welcome to BYC. You are not alone - there are a whole bunch of us with this same addiction - glad that you have joined our community.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Brett

Glad you could join the flock! Yes lots of crazy chicken folk here so I'm sure you will enjoy it very much :D That's a lovely flock you have there, I do like the wellsummers.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Brett, it's nice to have you here!

You'll meet a lot of chicken lovers here, even in your home state. Type Iowa in the search box and your state thread will come up.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    BYC has more than 394,000 members over the globe - yes, a lot of people are keeping & raising poultry.

6. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Brett and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

all the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by