New Hampshire!!

Hi Chicken Techie,

I have 12 guinea eggs in my incubator due to hatch out on May 18th, I have not had a chance to actually candle the eggs yet so I'm not sure how many are fertile. They are supposed to be lavender color guineas. Let me know if you are interested and I'll keep you in the loop on their hatching.

-Lisa

Awesome, I will pm you about that thanks

We got 12 guineas last year through Blue Seal. They often have keets but they go fast, so we got lucky as we asked late. The Blue Seal in Chichester seems to have less of a backlog or orders (ie, Concord Agway sold out before the keets even arrived), so we actually found some there for the taking. There are lots of web sources, too. We raised ours with our chicks and they all roost together in the same coop now. They need to start on game bird crumbles, as the chick starter is too much protein for them, but once they are about four-six months old they can all go onto egg layer.

Ours are a year old now and didn't do anything for the ticks the first year, as they were penned in the brooder all summer. They're hilarious and noisy birds, but we hope for good results with the ticks this year. We have 20 acres and only nine guineas (three disappeared, and we suspect a fox or coyote, but all we found were feathers in a far field), but they spend a lot of time all over the property so fingers crossed they're eating enough ticks to make a difference. They are roamers, though - if you have neighbors, warn them that they will have guineas. We can't keep ours out of the neighbor's yards. They're good fliers, and they like to roam. We try to tell the neighbors that the ticks being eaten is worth the noise the guineas make, but some aren't pleased all the same. :/

Good luck!

Thanks thats good info, hope they help with the ticks!

Does anyone here have a source for Pekin ducklings in NH... I am looking for one or two and am having a really hard time sourcing these guys I would rather not go to a big hatchery as I dont want as many as the minimum order so any help would be appreciated

Does anyone here have a source for Pekin ducklings in NH... I am looking for one or two and am having a really hard time sourcing these guys I would rather not go to a big hatchery as I dont want as many as the minimum order so any help would be appreciated
I think I recall seeing Pekins for sale on craigslist you can try there in the farm and garden section

Hi Lisa,

I recently moved to Temple and finally have an acreage to have some chickens. I see that you are expecting some guineas. Will any be for sale and how much? My husband is in the process of building an 8 x 12 coop, and we' re expecting our day old chicks June 25th. I ordered a dozen, all different, so I am excited to see their personalities!
Do you vaccinate your chicks? ttyl

Corianne

we will have a vendor at the derry chicken swap on may 18 with pekin ducklings.

Hi Lisa,

I recently moved to Temple and finally have an acreage to have some chickens. I see that you are expecting some guineas. Will any be for sale and how much? My husband is in the process of building an 8 x 12 coop, and we' re expecting our day old chicks June 25th. I ordered a dozen, all different, so I am excited to see their personalities!
Do you vaccinate your chicks? ttyl

Corianne
Hi Corianne, I sent you a PM on the guinea keets.

Hi Shalva, I sent you a PM, I have some Pekin ducklings available.

So we finally found our silkie chicks, picking them up tomorrow night. In the meantime, my EE Zelda has decided to go broody. I was going to wait until August to get two more EE's but what the heck, I think I'll see if she will hatch some out for me. Wondering if anyone has some fertile eggs (pretty blue, dark green?) for sale near New Boston. I want to put six or eight under her on Saturday and see how it goes.

So we finally found our silkie chicks, picking them up tomorrow night. In the meantime, my EE Zelda has decided to go broody. I was going to wait until August to get two more EE's but what the heck, I think I'll see if she will hatch some out for me. Wondering if anyone has some fertile eggs (pretty blue, dark green?) for sale near New Boston. I want to put six or eight under her on Saturday and see how it goes.
I have fertile eggs
2 different kinds
LF Olive Egger eggs - the eggs come from blue and green egg laying EE hens and are covered by a Black copper Marans rooster
bantam EE eggs - The eggs come from green egg laying EE(silkie x ameraucana) hen covered by a Japanese Bantam rooster

I have fertile eggs
2 different kinds
LF Olive Egger eggs - the eggs come from blue and green egg laying EE hens and are covered by a Black copper Marans rooster
bantam EE eggs - The eggs come from green egg laying EE(silkie x ameraucana) hen covered by a Japanese Bantam rooster
Thank you for your reply. Wondering where you are located and how much are your eggs?

Back
Top Bottom