New Hampshire!

Wow! Starting at the top aren't you! You should be getting some eggs any day now! How many do you have and will you be breeding also?
I didn't know they were so rare when he offered them! I have two roosters and six hens, not sure about breeding yet, I want to learn more about the breed standard. We joined NHPF and helped set up for the Deerfield Fair, then worked at the poultry show there to learn more about showing. We'll be at the Deerfield show this Sunday (not showing, just learning).

I didn't know they were so rare when he offered them! I have two roosters and six hens, not sure about breeding yet, I want to learn more about the breed standard. We joined NHPF and helped set up for the Deerfield Fair, then worked at the poultry show there to learn more about showing. We'll be at the Deerfield show this Sunday (not showing, just learning).
Can anyone attend this just to watch?

I have 1 BCM rooster available roughly 22-25weeks old. He is not breeding quality, only pet quality. He is over melanized meaning too dark and not showing enough copper. He would make a nice protector of a mixed flock and make some wonderful Olive Egger chicks if paired with a blue or green egg layer or Black Sexlinks if paired with a Barred Rock hen. I really like this rooster he is a good boy and he is so handsome.

My flock is nh npip certified and ms and ng neg

Last edited:
Hello, I am looking to add 8-12 pullets almost ready to lay, or young laying hens to my flock. I have 10 hens that are slowing down due to age so I am looking to get some young ladies to replace them. well not replace- I will be keeping my old ladies too haha. but to take their place as egg suppliers.
Breed doesn't matter but would prefer reliable laying breeds and full sized birds so I am not getting a bunch of bantam sized eggs haha.
I have looked on craigslist but everyone is at least 2 or 3 hours away one way, and that is a pretty long car trip with a 6 month old baby- so looking for some one closer to cornish NH.
Willing to pay fair prices, but don't want to spend a fortune... unless you have something really neat- I am a sucker for unique breeds haha but mostly I am looking for good layers right now. thanks - If you PM me I will get it faster than the one time every day or so that I read through the NH thread. thanks :)

the last chicken swaps of nh swap is sunday October 27 at the Hooksett agway
Really! That's a long ride for me. I'm 8 miles pass Mt. Washington, and there's snow on top! Can I know the time and directions more. Any who on whose there and whats available! I would love a stebastropole goose hen or some pekin hens or silkies hens!!!

Who is heating/ lighting coop? Trying to figure out what we want to do. My current plan is not to heat/light but just do a heated water dish of some kind. Curious what others in the same climate do!

Who is heating/ lighting coop? Trying to figure out what we want to do. My current plan is not to heat/light but just do a heated water dish of some kind. Curious what others in the same climate do!
I don't have electricity in my coop. I have a roofed run attached and my chickens always sleep outside, (their choice) so I don't worry about them being cold. I decided not to put a light in after reading all the pros and cons, I want them to live as naturally as possible.

Back
Top Bottom