New Hampshire!

If anyone is looking for roosters I have plenty.

Available are

3- Silkie Roosters White, Blue and Black with gold - 7months old
6- mixed breed roosters(2 green eggers, 2 Olive Eggers, 2 Cream Legbar mixes the roosters carry the blue egg gene) all carry the colored egg gene 14 weeks old
2- Olive Egger roosters(blue in feather color - 5-6weeks old
1 - Wheaten Marans roosters - 5-6 weeks old

Will soon be listing more once I sort everyone out

I am NPIP. Please PM me if you have any questions.

GM ~ where are you located in NH ? Possibly ~~ interested in an Olive egger ( 5-6 wks old )

If anyone is looking for roosters I have plenty.

Available are

3- Silkie Roosters White, Blue and Black with gold - 7months old
6- mixed breed roosters(2 green eggers, 2 Olive Eggers, 2 Cream Legbar mixes the roosters carry the blue egg gene) 14 weeks old
2- Olive Egger roosters(blue in feather color - 5-6weeks old
1 - Wheaten Marans roosters - 5-6 weeks old

Will soon be listing more once I sort everyone out

I am NPIP. Please PM me if you have any questions.

I hear you on the roosters. I have a ton of Legbar boys I need to run through for a first cull soon. I got myself some Rees line Legbars so I have lots of culling ahead of me to make room for them.

If anyone is interested in Black and Blue Copper roosters or young pullets (feathered out and in the grow out pen) you can PM me.

The packing peanuts were Bresse with my Rees Legbars. I'm thinking of keeping the Blacks for the white eggs which I do not have yet and may keep them all and grow them out enough to tell the boys then keep and process those and sell off the females.
What would folks think was a good price to sell those at as chicks or older birds if I grow them out a bit?

Hi All, Giving this thread a summer bump.

Hope everyone's summer is going well. My 5 year old is in Summer Camp for the first half of the day and loving it. He feels like a big kid, especially on field trip days. He had his first school bus ride and was over the moon.

Enjoying my chickens very much and did good with sales this year.

I'm down to just breeding the Cream Legbars and only have 2 adult Legbar roosters in the pens. I still have my Marans girls running about and laying well. And a bunch of chicks growing out to watch.

Almost all out of chicks and getting ready to cull again. Have a couple layers that may end up processed.
Met a lot of really nice people also.

Anyone interested in a trio of White Sport Legbar chicks? 1 male and uncrested female 9 weeks and a 6 week old crested female.

I only have 2 Cream Legbar pullets left about 5 weeks and 6 weeks old - 1 is crested and1 is uncrested.

So far I have culled down to 14 Legbar boys to go through for next year and just going to watch them grow out and see what happens with my Rees Line Legbars - I have 11 - 5 boys and 6 girls. Plan on keeping all the girls and 2 boys and one boy from my own flock. Going to cull through my Legbar breeders in August. I'm thinking I'll keep between 4-6 of what I have now for breeding hens so may have up to 6 to let go. At least one of the 2 boys is spoken for so far and some of the hens. I may sell of some of the boys as I cull through. Already have one request.

Also shipped my first birds. A pair of White Sport adult birds.

Trying to decide who and how many to over winter... Trying not to go over 24 birds total.

I think I'm not going to breed the Marans and stick to just my Legbars for now but so not sure so i'm growing out a blue and a black copper boy just in case. The hubby would prefer I not. I'm keeping 1 Splash, 1 Blue Copper and a 2-3 BCM girls and with my Cemani that makes 8 girls already that are not breeders just layers... The Cemani are small and the egg size is small so not sure how viable they are but they are pretty. Sometimes I think I should just sell them and re-start when I'm ready but I so love the color egg I get and I do have 2 nice sized coops.

I culled out my Cemani boy and just have the 3 pullets left. Waiting to see what the oldest lays as she should be coming on line soon... I'm prepared to be disappointed.

It's so hard to settle for just one breed. There's so many I'd love to try. I love the Marans and want to see what happens with the Cemani and would love to try breeding the Barred Hollands but sticking to the Legbars for now... We'll see what happens next year.

I didn't hatch these but they are so cute - hidden up in the eaves of one of our sheds

Last edited:
Sounds like your summer is going well Maria.

Our summer has been a little boring lol just hanging around the house mostly which is nice sometimes. We have been doing some occasional swimming, cookouts and night time fires.

Sounds like you are getting all your chickens and your plans in order, that's great. I'm trying to sort my plans as best I can but it's tough sometimes to decide the path you want to go down. I'm trying to have my plans figure out by early fall so I can cull some and then really know what I'll be doing for spring. I too keep getting caught up in the thought of all the breeds I would love to try but know with each breed comes a rooster lol and I have too many as is. I'm a sucker for roosters.

I will definitly be over wintering my Cream Legbars, 2 males and 6 females. Then I have my Marans which I will also over winter, 1 or 2 males and 7 females( my Marans are not anywhere near where I want them yet though) and I also plan to over winter my Spitzhauben, 1 male and 4 females. These are my newest additions so I will know by next spring whether I will continue with them or try something different. I'm more partial to a heavier larger bird so in time we will see if the spitz are for me.

I still have a few roosters and pullets I need to decide what to do with. I may rehome a few of my older hens in my layer flock and replace them with my young pullets though not sure.

I also have been hatching out some Bourbon Red turkeys from my flock. If anyone is looking for some poults I have some available and I also have 2 more batches of poults that will hatch soon. These are my very last hatches for the season.

I hope everyone else is enjoying the summer.

I have 7 one week old Bourbon Red turkey poults available if any one is looking to get into turkeys or add to their flocks. My flocks are NPIP.

Back
Top Bottom