New Hampshire!

Pics
Hi NH Neighbors! I have a strange question for you....any vets in your area that will neuter a roo? I have too many and don't want to lose any of them.....my local vet thought that maybe I could find a vet in a more rural area that would have the tools / know-how. Really want to keep the bird but he's awfully feisty with the hens. I only have 5 hens and 2 roos. bad ratio.
smile.png
Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ah! Finally found the NH thread!

Greeting from Sandown, New Hampshire!

Been waiting for this thread to pop up since I joined.

I've only lived in NH for a year now, don't now many people or places yet.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi there!
I have no idea where Attleboro is, but I wouldn't be surprised it my vet does it. I go to Plymouth Animal Hospital, in Plymouth and they were more than willing to see my sick chick. They have a farm animal vet there who is very knowledgable and experienced. When I wanted to get my guinea pig neutered, my former vet said "well, I've never done a guinea pig, but I'm willing to give it a go". I said "Uh, no. Thanks anyway"! and promptly changed vets. Plymouth seems very "been there, done that" about it all and had neutered several guinea pigs before. All went great. I was also very pleased with their handling of the chick. The farm animal vet there is Ellen Tighe, if you are interested in checking them out.

Kelly
wee.gif

Hi and thanks for the vet referral! Attleboro is in MA, near the RI border. Sadly, I had a visit from our animal control officer today telling me I can't keep the roos. I am devastated. Desperately trying to rehome them and having no luck. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Two silkies - people friendly, oddly enough. All of my neighbors were ok with it except, obviously, the one who called.

Back
Top Bottom