New hedgehog! Introducing RYKER! - Pictures

ChickenWisperer

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
KY
Well, after a ridiculously long 10 hour trip to Hartford City IN and back, we have an amazingly cute little boy residing with us!

Ryker is about 2 months old in these pictures. He's an Algerian Dark Grey Pinto. His mask is huge - all around AMAZING - and I'm really hoping he will pass it on to his babies. His face isn't as wide as Nalas but I think her lineage will help things along. He's a really sweet, curious, friendly, and quiet little guy. We just adore him and I cannot wait to see what kind of hoglets he and Nala produce.

12583_lknjcopy.jpg

12583_img_5763_copy.jpg

Peekabo!
12583_img_5759_copy.jpg

The "Lemme Down!!!" dance -
12583_lkhjouy.jpg

Quote:
They're illegal in a few states - New York, California, Georgia (breeders allowed), Pennsylvania. These rules are absolutely idiotic and reflect the obvious lack of these peoples' knowledge about the species (most are afraid they will set up colonies and survive. Impossible in all of those states, with the exception of California).

Illegal in Maine unless you have two permits. Illegal in Arizona unless you meet requirements they set that the species DOES NOT fully require... zoos probably would/could not meet them..

Quote:
Thats sad. You really should not catch wild species, unless they are going to die without help. It's extremely hard on them and their numbers are being affected by people doing this. It's much safer for you and for the species if you adopt/buy the domesticated species, the African Pigmy.

Quote:
They're illegal in a few states - New York, California, Georgia (breeders allowed), Pennsylvania. These rules are absolutely idiotic and reflect the obvious lack of these peoples' knowledge about the species (most are afraid they will set up colonies and survive. Impossible in all of those states, with the exception of California).

Illegal in Maine unless you have two permits. Illegal in Arizona unless you meet requirements they set that the species DOES NOT fully require... zoos probably would/could not meet them..

Okay, I'm moving out of Maine
smile.png
There are rediculous laws out there....

Quote:
Thats sad. You really should not catch wild species, unless they are going to die without help. It's extremely hard on them and their numbers are being affected by people doing this. It's much safer for you and for the species if you adopt/buy the domesticated species, the African Pigmy.

Are you kidding me?
roll.png
We had it for about 5 min. and then it was put back out in the field where we found it. It was in the middle of the road, thats the only reason why we saw it.

Back
Top Bottom