New hen in the house!!!

MartiB

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 30, 2009
West Monroe, LA
Hi, my name is Marti and this is my 1st day on BYC!!! I'm soooo excited to be here and I LOVE my chickens!!!! (Does that qualify me as crazy??
tongue.png

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I got my first birds this summer!!! I actually started with 6 French guinea keets....3 of the "originals" are left; they are fondly known as Larry, Moe and Curly!!! Then I progressed to a very young Dominique roo, Spec, that a friend gave to me. (My guineas think Spec is their "Mom"!) After that, I got 4 Rhode Island Red laying hens...and as they say, the rest is history!!!!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now, I have 7 guineas(French & lavender), the 4 Reds, my BIG roo, 5 young Dominique roos, 10 young "Easter Egger" bantams and 15 assorted bantam chicks that I just acquired this week. Some of the chicks are "fancy" with feathered feet!!!

(3) What breeds do you have?
**See above

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Surfing the net!!!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love to read, cook and spend time in the outdoors with my family. I just took up hunting last fall and I'm looking forward to this year's deer season.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I recently married this May; between the two of us, we have 5 children. My youngest is 14 and of course he still lives at home!! and I just became a grandma, thanks to my step-daughter!!! My husband is an avid outdoorsman who also raises quail!!! We currently have bob-white and Texas A&M pharoahs-- We have a yellow lab named Daisy who is spoiled rotten; and she is fascinated by the baby chicks in the brooder!!! I am a nurse by profession, conducting clinical research studies in a very busy, doctor's office.

I'm looking forward to learning LOTS of new things to help build my flock and keep them ALL happy & healthy!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom