New hen to the flock!

timierinrn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
Hello everyone!

my name is Timi and I am a registered nurse, wife and mother! my husband and I live on one acre and this year for my first mothers day my husband got me chickens, a coop and he built me a beautiful 12'x14'x6.6' enclosed run! This is my first time owning chickens and so far I am really enjoying them!

I started my flock out with four birds: 2 amercaunas (ruby and wynona), 1 barred rock (opal), and a golden sex-link (pearl). From the very beginning pearl has been the most interactive and dominant bird of the group. She comes out to greet me before everyone else and is very talkative! Wynona turned out to be a waylon and I had to rehome him since I live in city limits where I cannot have a roo, but boy was he beautiful! I wish I had more understanding neighbors so that I could have kept him!

Today I introduced three more birds into my flock: They are from the same place I got the other chickens and are the same age so I am hoping that its not going to be too rough of an introduction. Pearl seems to be the only one bothered by the new birds and luckily is just being very vocal, giving them the stink eye, and walking around all fluffed up. She has not really pecked at them, she has just done a couple of chest bumps so I am really hoping that all continues to go well!

My new birds are: a RIR (Rosie O'Donnell), a black sex-link (Oprah Winfrey) and a golden laced Wyandotte (Sally Jesse Raphael).

I also have a beta fish (Mr. Ides), 2 cats a silver tabby persian (napoleon), a blue point himalayan (Greyhame), and a goofy lab/aussie mix named Cyril.

I am happy to meet all of you and look forward to learning more about chickens, since I have become obsessed, from all of you lovely, and experienced people!

Timi

oprah winfrey (black sex-link) and rosie o'donnell (RIR)

Pearl (golden sex-link)

Ruby (amercauna) and opal (barred rock)

Sally Jesse Raphael (sold as golden laced wyandotte, but I think she is actually a black sex-link)

Last edited:
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from washington state glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom