New here and hi!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Here's some quick pics of my girls at 1 week old today!

They went out for a little while into the coop run yesterday (it was 95, so figured heat wasn't an issue) They had a BALL scratching around in the grass and dirt and chasing anything that moved. So cute to watch - just like little puppies - run a bit, play, eat, drink, nap, repeat...

1wkchicks.jpg

And one more...

1wkchicks-2.jpg

Hope they come in OK.

Oh, and the 453 is part of my email address - helps me remember my login!

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts - and so many folks from my backyard of NC!

Susan

I don't know what you need in the way of weatherproof feeders, but I have a cool idea for rain proofing. This summer in Texas we have had RAIN, and I've gotten tired of throwing away wet feed. I keep the food in the run and two inch an hour rain turns layer crumbles into foul smelling soup, so I tried an idea. My hanging chicken feeder is now under a large plastic squirrel baffle. It works like an umbrella, and the food stays dry and the waste is minimized. This is a cheap solution and works great; and best of all, no mechanical or building aptitude required.

Welcome

Back
Top Bottom