New here and new Chicken owner!

meant2bemommie

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
California
Hello there!

I am new to the forums as well as new to the world of Chicken owning. My name is Nicki. Mom to 3 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats, hamster, tortoise and now 6 baby chicks!

I just purchased my first batch (6) of baby chicks. I can not for the life of me remember how to spell the name of the breed. They are black with a little yellow on their faces and belly. I think they are Bantams.

Here is a picture of one of them close up:
DSC_0311-1.jpg

and here is a pic of the whole batch:
DSC_0283-1.jpg

They are simply adorable and I am in love. Can they be spoiled?

I am looking forward to sharing and learning so much!

Many welcomes and a good place to come for the many questions you will have. Ask away - we all love chicks here.

Yours are just too cute.

Yes, they can be spoiled, and so can you!!! LOL Not much makes me feel better than holding my chickens. I love to bury my face in their feathers and snuggle (they smell so pretty to me) and they love it too!!! Sooooo, have lots of fun spoiling those gorgeous babies!!!

Very cute little fluffy butts! I can't help on the id either...
roll.png

Believe me, you can spoil em...
Mine even get to go for rides to the pet shops and the drive throughs to get their own fries...
Too funny marlinchaser!

Thank you for such a warm welcome! It was our first night last night and I was like a new mom waking every few hours to check on them. I think they are going to be spoiled. I can sense it now.

I finally remembered the breed: Black Australorp's. It was going to drive me crazy if I didn't remember.

My kids are in love as well. This is such an exciting adventure!

Back
Top Bottom