New here and new to chickens.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aelani, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Aelani

Aelani Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2013
    northwest Ohio
    Hello all! I've finally joined byc! For the past two weeks I've jammed my brain full of chicken knowledge and bought a couple books. One on hatching and brooding for raising chicks, and another for recipes for diversity in using eggs lol....can only eat scrambled eggs so much! This site has answered my questions and given us great ideas. At first, we only got 6 RIR at TSC. Then the next weekend we went back for more and they had new ones! I was so thrilled! The employee gal said the manager was mad the hatchery only sent red sex links and RIR so they got more! I grabbed five Ameraucana pullets and five black giant (straight run) babies. I realize they are Easter egger (I read all about that rift lol)...but we are so excited to raise chickens! The girls love them. I can already see the chicks personalities coming out. Today we are starting to build the run. We're converting a 8 x 10 shed that dh built into the coop. I got hardware cloth and my dh got nice beams from work. He can build anything!

I need to figure out how to share pics on here. Atleast, I figured out how to put them on my profile lol. So, there's some there if anyone would like to see our new babies. I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome from Ohio to the BYC!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Aelani, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community!! Your research will pay off! Good luck and have fun with your birds!!

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    [​IMG] From our little farm in West Georgia!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012