New here and to chickens

nthasama

In the Brooder
May 22, 2021
Hi everyone. I have already posted on the emergencies/diseases/injuries and cures forum and gotten a lot of help, but I thought I would post here to introduce myself as well. Last month we moved and took over a small piece of land (about an acre) that my in-laws had been living on. They had chickens that they got last year as chicks, 7 hens and 1 rooster, that are now grown and laying eggs. They decided to leave the chickens for us since I wanted chickens and they said chickens are a pain to move. So just like that I had a full flock of chickens. My kids are 3 and 5 and they are loving the chickens. They help gather the eggs every morning and feed the chickens. We also got a 4 week old baby chicks because I thought it would be a great school experience for my homeschooled kids. The chicks are now 5 weeks old and we are getting ready to put them outside (I am very excited about this because the brooder makes a huge mess in my mudroom). I am excited about my chicken journey and trying to learn as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom