New here and to hen raising…

Jdarc4

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2022
I have 12 easter eggers and 3 frizzle Easter eggers. They are just chicks so in a tub in my home. They seem terrified every time I check on them for water, food, heat etc. I also placed an order for 4 faveroules. I cannot have roosters because I am in town but building my small homestead anyway. I am single with 3 dogs and 4 kittens. Looking forward to a few sheep and goats in the near future. Glad to be here!

I have 12 easter eggers and 3 frizzle Easter eggers. They are just chicks so in a tub in my home. They seem terrified every time I check on them for water, food, heat etc. I also placed an order for 4 faveroules. I cannot have roosters because I am in town but building my small homestead anyway. I am single with 3 dogs and 4 kittens. Looking forward to a few sheep and goats in the near future. Glad to be here!
Hello :frow

Thanks for joining us :welcome

Easter eggers and soon, Favs -- how great! I have both and like each, but mine, at least, have vastly different personalities. The EE's are a bit more flighty, and the Favs are Much More Vocal. I think they are always complaining to me in some version of chicken French.

Also, while many folks describe having chicks that snuggle, not a single one of mine ever has. Like yours, they always seem terrified, no matter how I approach. Good news is that they eventually grow up and love me for the treats I provide. But, few ever become cuddly. Maybe it's me?

I used to keep miniature goats in town, so I wish you well in getting goats and sheep (which I now have at my acreage).

Welcome to BYC, and best wishes in building your homestead!

Back
Top Bottom