New Here But Not To Chickens

KandIE

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2018
OK
We are not new to chickens. We got our first girls about 5 years ago. We took a break due to our kids having health issues and are back at it full time.

Right now we have about 16 chickens. My younger son can tell you exactly but I tend to forget. We have mainly black austrolorps. We prefer their personality and how friendly they are. We do have one Rhode Island Red because my younger son couldn’t pass her up and two whites.

I found this site because I am on Backyard Herds for support with our goats and sheep.

Besides working with our animals, I love to crochet and cook. I am also learning how to rope. We do have two cats who are great mousers (and gopherers - is that a word). We also have a 7 year old dog who is 1/2 registered Lab, 1/4 German Shepherd, and 1/4 Wolf (can you tell Dad jumped a fence). My kids also have fish. Nothing exciting to tell about them. They swim, they eat, they blow bubbles.

I am a stay at home mom who is homeschooling her kids and learning how to go from city girl to country girl.

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Whilst navigating this site is not too dissimilar to BYH, this is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

We are not new to chickens. We got our first girls about 5 years ago. We took a break due to our kids having health issues and are back at it full time.

Right now we have about 16 chickens. My younger son can tell you exactly but I tend to forget. We have mainly black austrolorps. We prefer their personality and how friendly they are. We do have one Rhode Island Red because my younger son couldn’t pass her up and two whites.

I found this site because I am on Backyard Herds for support with our goats and sheep.

Besides working with our animals, I love to crochet and cook. I am also learning how to rope. We do have two cats who are great mousers (and gopherers - is that a word). We also have a 7 year old dog who is 1/2 registered Lab, 1/4 German Shepherd, and 1/4 Wolf (can you tell Dad jumped a fence). My kids also have fish. Nothing exciting to tell about them. They swim, they eat, they blow bubbles.

I am a stay at home mom who is homeschooling her kids and learning how to go from city girl to country girl.
balloons.gif farmer-connie-.02.gif balloons.gif

hhal2018.gif

Welcome !!
I homeschooled our kids TIL middle school, then they presented the reasons they wanted to try public school. I had taught them so well, I had to let them go :) We never regretted this first years of bonding and growing , parents should teach their kids the basics .

I’ve been on the farm for 5 years now ,previously I was a city girl too.

well hi and welcome....I also have the australorps and love them.

Back
Top Bottom