new here but so sad

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LovinCountryLife, Nov 1, 2010.

1. LovinCountryLife

LovinCountryLife Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2010
    Hi, I am new here and mostly a lurker, but I knew you guys of all people would understand where I am coming from back on Oct 14 we lost our farm house to a fire, it is a total loss:( we lost everything except the clothes on our back, thank God my husband had taken our 3 newfoundland dogs with him to work that day or we would have lost them too, we had only lived in the house for about 8 months and loved out move to the country, here is where you guys come in, I had a chicken coop with 18 chickens, and Thank God the coop was far enough away from the house to not be effected but since we had to move in with our son I had to give my babies up:( a friend, neighbor said she would take them in until we got back on our feed and moved back out but I miss them so much, in fact I can't believe how much I miss taking care of them, watching them everyday:( I know someday I will get them back but until then it's just hard.
    Here is a photo of our devastation:( again even though we lost everything, we do still have our lives and our dogs & chickens so we are thankful for that! Thanks for listening.
    [​IMG]

2. That is horrible to lose everything. I too have lost my home and everything to a fire many many years ago. Thank God that you all were safe though. You can rebuild a home, you can get new things, but you cant replace your loved ones.

Hey, I am sure when you get things all rebuilt, your little hens will be so happy to come home! you can make their new home bigger and brighter than ever. They will just be happy to be back with you.

So sorry for your loss.[​IMG]

3. shortstaque

shortstaque Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Bucks County, PA
    Its great that you have the strength to be thankful for what you have, despite the extent of your losses. It is true, that what you have is worth more than any material possessions. I hope that you don't have too many setbacks getting rebuilt or getting a new place, or whatever path you end up taking.

My parents and siblings farm, and they lost the barn and some dairy cows a number of years ago. Recovering from fire takes a huge emotional, physical, and financial toll on you and multiplies the workload for quite some time. So I know that you may have an uphill battle in front of you, and I wish you all the best in as you work to recuperate (and re-coop-erate [​IMG] ) your losses.

I'm glad you have family that could take you in and help you get back on you feet. I hope its not to long until you can enjoy your hens again. We at BYC know how much joy they bring, and how much they can be missed.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so very sorry. [​IMG] It is good that neither you or your hubby were hurt, along with your dogs and chickens. My prayers go out to you and your family. [​IMG]

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] to you & your family (pets included in family)

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    So sorry to hear about you losing your home to fire. I can't say I know how you feel.......But you can rebuild and start anew! Hugs to you and things will work out just fine, you'll see!

7. LovinCountryLife

LovinCountryLife Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2010
    Thanks everyone, I knew you guys would understand, I think besides losing a loved one losing everything in your life in a fire has to be the most devastating thing to happen, we are taking one day at a time and we will get thru with but still so darn hard to lose all those cherished items collected over the years. thanks again, your words do help!!!

rhonda

8. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010