New here from WA state

basquehenhouse

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Oroville, WA
Hello everyone!

We have gone chicken crazy up here in a tiny little town in North Central WA state. We have 2 Golden Comets, 2 barred rocks, and one RIR, all approx. 7 weeks old. We moved the gals out to a custom designed coop, based on the Chichen Paradise design here on BYC.

They are doing great and we are excited to see our first eggs in a couple of months. pics to come, I am just figuring this board out.

what a great resource this site has been, we just got our chicks on Apr. 24th and I have looked here for answers and help.

talk to you soon,

Shay

WELCOME!!! I'm fairly new here to and find this very helpful and informative-WARNING THOUGH--I started out with 19 chicks last year and just added on-now I'm up to 26---they're very addictive and lots of fun!!! I really enjoy my girls!!!!!!!! They grow up so fast and what personalities!!!!!!!

chica, I agree on the addicting part- luckily our coop is large and we could probably add to our brood next year... the personalities are hilarious, too! My kids get the biggest kick out of the chicks. The nice thing about pet hens in that they don't chew up furniture or require exercise on a leash.

We are loving the hens and can't wait till they lay for the first time. Its been a very fun adventure for my husband and I (two urban folks- gone country).

Glad you found this site. Sounds like you've jumped right in. I'm going to take a look at the "chicken paradise" design you mentioned although I'm happy with what my, an architect, built for us. Just love seeing what others come up with. Wishing you the best and
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome- from Eastern Washington (Northwest of Spokane). We also are fairly new to chickens and find lots of great ideas and advice all around the forum.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom