New here.....hello

Momma_Hen

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2018
Hi!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, this is my 4th year with chickens, originally got them just for eggs, but as they grew, died, gave some to friends in need, got new ones, they are now my babies, and like my other pets I am proud to spoil and love them!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
One adult, 9 baby chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have one Gold laced Wynodette that I have had for 4 years. She is free range, and I just bought 2 Giant Cochins chicks, and 7 silkie chicks.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Facebook and google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Working out, working in the yard, photography

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a 10 yr old, and a 15 yr old, married 20 years, love to spend time with my children, love to work out, stay active. I recently lost 120 pounds and it changed my life forever!! I have three dogs who all are inside and two sleep with me, all my babies. I have a cat that does her own thing, but so sweet. I am a preschool teacher and work 40 weeks out of the year so I enjoy that.

Welcome to BYC 2.gif
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Great introduction

G'Day from down under Momma_Hen :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You may be interested in these links:

Back
Top Bottom