New here/ introduction

conny63malies

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Annetta Kentucky
Hi here. I am the new girl. i am Connie , and live with my husband(a soldier in the US Army)in Ohio, were we just bought our first house. We have three kids taylor 6, Sebastian 5 and Samantha 2. Pets we have: 6 ball pythos and a alligator snapping turtle named "turtlie"
I just ordered some hatching eggs for my hovabator. There will be ameraucana bantams, gold laced cochin bantam, polish bantams and standard sized frizzles and silkies. just a few of each , I am planning of ending up wwith about 8-10 females. I cant keep any roosters as we live in the city.(on a huge -huge lot)
I will fence of a piece of backyard for my garden and the chickens. For the coop i will use a part of my garage. I just a small door through the side and build the coop there.

Oh i grew up on a farm in germanywhere we had cows pigs and poultry. We had chickens for eating and eggs and two muscovy ducks.
WEll thats about it
looking for to talk more
BTW no my hubby does not have to go to IRAQ , he is a recruiter.

Welcome to BYC Connie.
frow.gif

Hi Connie,welcome to BYC
smile.png
That's cool you have some pythons,I have one looking to get some more when we can.Our bayou has plenty of snappers,lol. Nice to have ya here.

I got different morphs such as pied, granite, pastel albinos and two normal girls from africa for breeding stock(pythons for non snake owners). The gator snapper is from when we lived in Florida, he likes to eat the mice pinks that wont make it. He is still small and can be handeled (he has bitten me only twice)

We got just a regular old ball python.I'm not too familiar with the different breeds.Slither was a rescue,my hubby got from a guy he worked with.He got it to impress the ladies
roll.png
never could get it to eat,but we've had him(or her?) for a yr.My hubby is going to build an enclosure for him during the warmer months.
I bet that bite hurt.My gosh we had a big girl show up to lay eggs in the garden.She was big & mean,the chickens we very upset over her showing up.

he is only 4 in shell length now . the bite did hurt but he didnt draw blood. Ya shouldnt hand feed a snapper- i found it out the hard way. you should be lucky that she didnt eat your chickens. friend of mine feeds hers whole chickens.

Back
Top Bottom