New here, just wanted to say HI

navyvet

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 21, 2011
Wintersville
big_smile.png
A great big HELLO to all you great folks. Just wanted to tell y'all a little about us. I live in Wintersville, Ohio, but, when I was a kid our family lived on a little chicken farm in rural Alabama. (approx 25 hens and two roosters) The roosters didn't like Dad and chased him all the time. When I retired from the Navy (oct 93), wanted to get a small place and raise chicken. Plans sometimes don't come out the way you wanted them to. To make a long story short, I now have the time and a small place. Wife thought at first I was nuts when I tolk her I wanted to raise chickens. Well be getting two or three leghorns sometine around Easter. Looking forward to the fun and talking to y'all good folk. May God bless you all.

Last edited:
frow.gif
and a big warm
welcome-byc.gif
from California. You will love it here...just be careful BYC can be very addictive!!! My daughter is getting ready to fly from California to Ohio for a job interview. How has your weather been treating you? You know us whimpy Californians.....anything below freezing is unbearable to us...
lau.gif

Hello from another Navy guy (long time back) that also relocated to Ohio, from PA. Parents had chickens back in the '50's when I was young.
welcome-byc.gif

Just a little more data about myself. Lived in 6 different states while growing up. (Dad was Command Sgt Major in Army). Spent most time on small chicken fram in Ala. Married to a wonderful woman from WVA. who also happens to be a great cook. Have 7 children (2 in OH, 3 in Fla, 1 in IN. and 1 station in Germany), 10 Beautiful Grandchildren (with another on the way). We have a crazy cat who we have taught to play fetch. Am looking forward to Raising chickens and getting back to the simple life. Told the neighbor since we're getting chickens he has to raise sheep.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom