New Here. Looking for Michigan Bearded Silkies

CluckinU

Hatching
May 20, 2015
Detroit, Mi
Hello! We are from the Detroit area and are looking for silkie owners/breeders in our area. Looking to buy a few chicks (~4-5) that are a variety of colors for pets. Can any body out there help? I don't know how well young chicks do in the mail and we'd like to know we are getting a variety of colors before purchasing so eggs would probably be out of the picture (though we do have an incubator).

I'm not going to be much help here, not in your area. Just want to welcome you. Hope someone around you has them. Go to your state thread and ask. We do what's called a chicken train when someone at the other end of the state is selling something we want. If someone is going up and back our way, we get what we want.
I love hatching!
If you can't find anything, here is a photo of one .. and one of a SG, she has quite the bow tie.. that I got through a gal that has the most fertile eggs I've ever bought through e-bay! 4 times now. Always fertile. I have 9 in there right now that will go into lock down next Tues.

Oh, there is a little Morehead Partridge too on the bottom.

You could also post on the "Silkie thread," put that in the search box and it should come up. Silkie breeders there, I know there used to be some from Michigan.

Thanks! I did find the Michigan Silkie Breeder thread when I searched. Nothing there except some crickets chirping. :-( I tried to post a wanted add in the classifieds but I don't have permission yet. I'll head over to the Silkies page but hopefully someone will come to my aid here because so far I have had no luck with the searches.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

We're glad you decided to join Backyard Chickens!
frow.gif

Feel free to ask any questions, there is a lot of great info here, I'm sure you'll find answers.
D.gif

Have fun with your chicken adventure!
jumpy.gif

Thank you, everyone, for the welcome! Sadly, I still haven't found anywhere to buy silkies near me. What are your thoughts about other methods of acquiring young chicks that are a variety of colors?

Thank you, everyone, for the welcome! Sadly, I still haven't found anywhere to buy silkies near me. What are your thoughts about other methods of acquiring young chicks that are a variety of colors?

Do you want to stay with silkies...hatch maybe?

I personally love love the bantam cochin as well as the silkie. They come in a variety of colors also. Here are a few of mine...that I've had, and the white one is a little pullet that I have now.

They make excellent broody/moms

Shucks, can't find anymore. I have had a buff, a mottled also. They were darling.

I found this white girl at a feed store.
Not sure how you feel about the Polish, but they also come in a variety of color. I also love
the bantam Faverolle. They don't come in different colors, but what sweethearts! Great moms too!
Here's my girl.
Was my girl.

Back
Top Bottom